Sunday 11 July 2010

the glamorous truth of home ownership

I'm sat here exhausted, aching as if I have done three spinning classes in a row and sipping away on a hard earned glass of vino - the hubby and I have spent the entire weekend working on our new kitchen. We have put new coving up (and more importantly it has stayed up) and given our brand new plaster the crucial first covering of paint (although I seemed to get far more on myself than on the walls). So while I'm waiting for my bubble bath to fill I thought I would give a quick update : )

What is left of my nail varnish reminded me of a trip to boots earlier in the week - seriously I think the words 'I just popped to boots' send shock waves of fear through the hubby, and as one trip cost well over £100 I'm not surprised ... though thankfully the latest visit was very purse friendly. I had just intended to buy a cheap and cheerful foundation, the gorgeous weather in Crete has left me with a lovely golden tan and my usual brilliant white emulsion just makes me look strange, but that wasn't all I left with ...

... I had intended to buy revlon colourstay but as I greedily reached for boots 17 lasting fix nail polish in parma violet (£2.99 & I had read great things) I noticed the brill summer giveaway when you spend £6 or more, back went revlon and I got 17 super wear long lasting foundation (£5.49) in it's place ... I also snapped up models own blush in warm glow (£5), I have read elsewhere that it is very similar to benefit's coralista and given my chiconomy mantra I was keen to give it a whirl ...



Here's my free 17 vintage postcard gift - in it I got a full size ultimate volume lipgloss in pink ice, full size fast finish nail polish in pink grapefruit and a mini waterproof mascara.


I also happily picked up the barganious natural collection moisture shine lipstick in candy mist (£1.99) and rimmel's colour show off lipstick (£5.99) in shake-up pink. I'm somewhat of a lipstick novice and still experimenting and therefore I just can't justify MAC at the moment! Sorry the light has gone and my swatches look rubbish so no pics!

It's still early days with these items so I'll give it a few more days and then let you know how I'm getting on but for now my rubber duck is calling ...

Cx

1 comment:

  1. ahh you lucky girl! these are amazing, i am straing at the wanting to go shopping so bad!:)
    xx
    mel

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete